The 0.2.7-RC2 release is available. It is mainly a bug-fix/optimization release, without new features.
- MIPS JIT: fixed a problem of jump in delay slots (occuring with a “forward” jump). This caused a malfunction for C7200-IO-2FE and C7200-IO-GE-E cards.
- Cisco 2600: fixed a bug in DMA handling which caused incorrect writes out of DPRAM memory (and lead to image crashes).
- Fixed JIT instruction tables, which caused a higher startup delay of the emulator on AMD64 platforms.
- Serial interfaces (NM-4T, PA-4T, PA-8T): now allows MTU up to 18000 bytes.
- NM-16ESW: filter CDP specifically to not propagate frames to all ports.
- NM-4E: now works correctly on Cisco 2600 platforms.
- Fixed source build (in NetIO filters) when PCAP is lacking.
- Fixed source build for non-JIT platforms.
- Network interrupt handling was rewritten. Now these IRQs are managed on a per-slot/port basis, this also leads to a more accurate network device emulation.
- PowerPC: optimizations in Condition Register (CR) handling.
- JIT (MIPS, PowerPC): optimizations in jumps between different pages, allowing an higher performance. However, it may require to recompute idle-pc values. Greg will provide an “oldidle” compatibility option in Dynagen 0.9.1 for people who don’t want to change these values now.
- JIT (MIPS, PowerPC): added a cache for instruction tables (as disk files), allowing a faster startup. If these files are deleted, they are rebuilt dynamically.
0.2.7-RC2 source code